At the entrance to the Park is a t-34-85 tank. It is called the best tank of the Second World War. In Pavlodar, this technique was not produced, but cast iron was produced in this city by the former factory "October".
On the territory of the Park, among the mannequins-soldiers with "weapons", is installed a 37-mm semi-automatic anti-aircraft gun 61-K (in the first, screen shot). It was loaded with a cassette of five projectiles and could shoot down air targets. Closer to the building is a 122-mm m-30 howitzer. According to the head of the Museum, such guns became famous during the war because they made the first shots on the territory of Germany.
On the porch of the Museum of military glory is another unique exhibit-the legendary ZIS-3 cannon from the battery of Hero of the Soviet Union, a native of Pavlodar region, Makmet Kairbayev. The gun was sent to the front in February 1944, and it traveled more than 2,200 kilometers across the war fields and fired 1,193 rounds. It was brought to Pavlodar in 1992 from Vilnius.
One of the exhibits – is a railway carriage. According to researchers, its wheel pairs were released before the revolution, but the upper skin was actually created today, the way it looked during the great Patriotic war.
The anti-tank "hedgehogs" – is the invention of the military engineer major General Mikhail Gorikker. They are placed along the Park and demonstrate the citizens what weapons were used by our troops in the fight against enemy tanks.
The Museum of military glory stands where the waiting room of the Pavlodar railway station was built in 1926, according to the project of the Estonian engineer Lombak. It was one-story, with a beautiful octagonal tower. Later, due to low passenger traffic, the need for the station fell. And this building housed the railway school No. 108, then - boarding school No. 188. Near this school was the station – the spot, where soldiers left for the front. The school itself was later demolished. The Museum building was built in 2010, stylized as a former railway station.
They say that on the rooftop of the school, were found 25 names of students and teachers, who left here for the front. None of them returned from the war. Their names were written on a black memorial plaque set up in the same Park. Later, the database of soldiers found information about the Pavlodar front-line soldier, who also graduated this school. His last name was listed in this database. Now there are 26 of them! Next to it is a sculpture of a soldier: a monument to the «Memory of the fallen».
How to get there? Address of the Museum located in the Park: 40/1 Mira street. From the station, buses 003, 115 and 153, buses 6, 10, 16 and 22 go here, trams 4, 6 and 13.
Photo by Alexandra Boyarchuk